Tate Gallery of Real Life

Day to Day Life Of A Widow, Mother and Nurse.

Thursday, February 05, 2009

Beginning of 2009

Lenny in the snow! We had a the biggest snowfall for many years this week!


Time has just whizzed past again. I can't believe that I last blogged at the end of October! Well, I can believe that really!

So this is just a little update of the the goings on with the Tates since then.

The shop has taken off particularly the Dress hire side. I was warned that in January the prom side would be busy, and they weren't wrong!
We have pushed the advertising for that side of the business and it has been worth it. We are getting people from all over Hampshire wanting my dresses. I am the only person in this area that hires dresses so that's why we have been so busy. We still have a few months to go until the proms so hopefully I will be even busier!

Things eventually came to a head with George and his problems with going to school. We were finally threatened with prosecution and have had a couple of family group conference meetings with all those nearest to George plus the authorities to try to sort a plan to get him back into school.
I think the message finally kicked in for George & he is now almost going full-time, gradually building up until he will be totally full-time next week. He is still a real pain to get up in the mornings but we do get there. I think George seeing & hearing things for real rather than from me made the difference.
The main thing is that no-one seemed to take Georges' behavioural problems into account & everything that has gone on with him over the past couple of years. I hate to use the phrase abnormal but George is not your normal everyday child, what with his ADHD etc. He is also finding it difficult to forge relationships with others, which has always been a problem due to his ADHD & we are now finding that he is getting some trouble from others who find him hard to tolerate. We will finally get to see the Mental Health Consultant again at the end of this month. We were supposed to have had a follow up appointment in October! It is just so frustrating trying to get the help he needs & no-one is taking any notice. I just feel abandoned sometimes.

My back is still not good. Infact, it seems to be worse than ever & I'm still dosed up to the eyeballs all the time to be able to function. Because I left the private hospital, my care is now under the NHS so I have had to wait. I saw the Consultant at the beginning of January who sent me for an x-ray at a different hospital. The x-ray card went missing so I now have to wait until next week to get that done & then probably another MRI. Back to square one again!

Steve is still around despite everything that is going on in my life. There is more but I'm not going to mention it all right now! He has been absolutely brilliant and so tolerant & helpful. I really don't know how I would have survived the past year without him. He has been a godsend & is so kind to me. I am very lucky to have found him after everything that happened.

The beginning of 2009 really hasn't been good. There's some not so good things happening in my life but I guess there are some good ones with the business taking off but things aren't brilliant apart from the shop. We will get there but I know some things are going to get worse & I will have to deal with those.

And......maybe I might start blogging more often too!

Belated Happy New Year to you all!

2 Comments:

At 7:44 AM, Blogger Stephen said...

Wow at last...been checking this one on a regular basis, and nice to see you have started again. Hope all is well Sarah, you certainly deserve to be happy.

 
At 3:50 AM, Blogger Calamity Jen said...

Happy New Year! I do hope that things improve for you and your family soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home