Tate Gallery of Real Life

Day to Day Life Of A Widow, Mother and Nurse.

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Phew!


Wow! What a manic few weeks!

We finally opened the shop on 13th September and I haven't stopped since!

No time for breathing let alone blogging. So sorry for that.

I am really pleased with the shop and it looks great. We are getting loads of positive comments and business is steady. I'm not going to make the million but am going to make enough to live. Considering we haven't got the advertising out yet, we're doing ok. That's the next job - working on adverts and flyers. I don't have time to sit and twiddle my thumbs in the shop as there is always something to do. But, I am enjoying it and no horrible boss to be breathing over my shoulder!
It's just hard adjusting from working part-time for 14 years, being off sick for a year and straight back into 6 day weeks of 9-5.
Things at home have been hard work too. Lots going on but I'm not going into details but the kids having been causing alot of stress, more than usual! Mind you, life can't really hit me as hard as it has done in the past so I can get through anything.
George is still not going to school and I have attended meetings with them to sort everything out. What is most annoying, is that I was promised that someone would liaise with the senior school and fill them in with all of Georges problems. No-one did, so when I sat down and went through literally everything with the new school, they were surprised but very understanding and helpful. I feel we are going to finally get the support we need with Georges schooling.
Just waiting to see the Psych consultant again. I'm almost sure he has Asbergers. The symptoms all add up and are more pronounced now that George is older. Waitning to see what the Dr says.
Oh, and no result on the rain MRI yet so I guess no news is good news.
Through all this, Steve has been extremely supportive. I couldn't have got the shop going without his help and also the emotional support he has given me recently. Poor thing really does have to put up with an awful lot with me and my kids! He has got to be a saint for still sticking around! We have been together for just over a year - doesn't time fly? So much has happened in that year.
I suppose I prefer the hectic life, can't say I have a boring life! That would drive me potty!

2 Comments:

At 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Shop looks fantastic and I love the name! I can feel my credit card twitching...

{{hugs}} to you and Steve :o)

Jenny

 
At 3:35 AM, Blogger Calamity Jen said...

Hooray to you! The shop looks awesome. Your hard work is evident. I'm so glad that you have Steve to support you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home